Thursday 22 April 2010

Trying something new

Recently I've been reading tutorials and seeing lots of projects using Glimmer Mists - something I have never tried. While browsing in my local craft department I looked at the price of Glimmer Mist and then, being a bit of a cheapskate, I decided to go for the ( I think) similar and substantially cheaper Cosmic Shimmer:



Knowing my track record with getting messy when using inks, I followed the tip from my friend Nicky to use an empty pizza box as a makeshift spray booth. I still managed to spray part of my wooden tabletop blue!

I decided to try out the Cosmic Shimmer spray with a Tim Holtz mask I. had wanted me to buy when he reluctantly accompanied me on a craft shop excursion during the holidays - he thought it was a cool design.
I've never tried masking before either, so two new things!


This compass design was to use on a LO I've done as part of the run-up to this weekend's Cybercrop on UK Scrappers - a pre-crop challenge. I can't show it yet as the idea is for all the entries to be secret until the CC starts, but I can say it was to be about someone who has had a great influence on your life - I have done mine about my late Dad, and here is a sneak preview, showing the finished compass design:


I do like the effect of the Cosmic Shimmer - in fact I even bought another colour of it today, and maybe in the future I might splash out and invest in some Glimmer Mist too!


2 comments:

  1. The compass looks fantastic! I'm looking forward to seeing the whole thing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love glimmer mists too! Never tried a mask though. Can't wait to see the whole LO.

    ReplyDelete