Wednesday 7 April 2010

Scrapbooking Kit swap

One of the many things I love about being involved in UK Scrappers is the opportunity to join in swaps of all kinds - various types of stash, made items such as bookmarks (see my post below), altered objects etc.

The current one I'm in, organised by my UKS teamie, Claire, is a scrapbooking kit swap - the idea being to send your swappee a co-ordinated kit including cardstock, patterned paper and various embellisments, enough to make several LOs. As we were all to send items from our excisting stash, this didn't cost us a penny, and just look at what a wonderful kit arrived for me this morning:






Thanks so much to the very generous Ann who sent it!



And this is what I sent to Claire:





She later posted a pic of a LO she had made with some of the stash I had sent her and it was really interesting and inspiring to see what someone else had done with "your" stash.
I think swaps are a brilliant idea - even if I don't always like everything I receive (although I did in this case), it is great to get some free and different items to experiment with and stimulate my creativity.

3 comments:

  1. Wow. That looks like a great swap to be part of and what a fantastic kit to get back! I'm sure you'll make lovely LOs with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really starting to regret not taking part in that swap now! Two lovely kits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fab swap :) ... goodness didn't you both do well. Really looking forward to seeing what you create ... hint, hint LOL x

    ReplyDelete