Saturday 26 September 2009

WIPs and FOs. ( or works-in-progress and finished objects, if you prefer)


My partly-knitted sock - long way to go on this project! Opal pattern and sock yarn.




My first attempt at designing. Cabled cushion cover - wool is Rowan Kid Classic. This is attempt #3. Just as well I didn't decide to design a sweater...





Kaalund kit and wool - lovely to knit with and gorgeously soft.



This shrug was started in June 2008 and finished early Sept 2009. Oh and I just sewed the ends in this morning... Sirdar Just Soya pattern and yarn. I didn't like knitting with this as the yarn split so much and the pattern appeared to be wrong in the stitch count in the patterned section with the result that I went wrong on the back. Or maybe it was just me. Anyway when I realised the mistake I was so close to casting off that despite being the biggest perfectionist going, I couldn't bear to rip it all out and start again. Also, it helps me learn to deal with imperfection!


No comments:

Post a Comment