Saturday 26 September 2009

September - a fresh start




September...the Jewish New Year...back to school...a fresh start.
And a fresh start for this blog which has been languishing sadly neglected for too many months.
At present I'm in a knitting phase, having finished both the shrug I started way back last year, and started and finished the scarf from the kit I bought months ago.
My current challenges to myself, now I am back intoi knitting in a big way are to teach myself to knit socks and to design a knitted item myself.
So... a sock is duly in progress on the needles, but the 2.5mm needles are so sharp they have actually ended up making a hole in my finger (ouch!!) - well a break in the skin anyway. So I have temporarily transferred to challenge #2 - a knitted cushion cover
Photos of these and finished items to follow.

ps. Further to the posts about our new windows and doors, I'm pleased to report that everything is finished, bar the painting, including a lovely new deck. So, wonderful light inside the house and a great area to sit outside. In fact the previously dark and grim corner of the sitting room has now become my favourite place to sit and knit. Kniting on the deck is good too, except in blazing sunlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment