Sunday 16 May 2010

Starry Bluebells


As a small child, in the primary school playground and at birthday parties, I used to play a ring game with my friends called "In and Out the Starry Bluebells". My surname then was "Starkey", so needless to say the words were usually changed to "In and Out the Starkey Bluebells"!
In those days I had never seen bluebells en masse, but now I am fortunate enough to live in a village where there is an ancient wood which is full of bluebells in Spring. They are finally in flower, a good fortnight later then last year. Sadly my photos don't do them justice, but I wanted to try to capture something of the loveliness of the blue carpet they make...

4 comments:

  1. We used to sing "In And Out The Dusty Bluebells".

    Thanks for your comment,,I'm not much of a microwave user myself tbh and I refuse to have a tumble dryer in the house! You did remind me that I should have added in a link to another fudge recipe made the traditional way which I posted in December.

    ReplyDelete
  2. miss you, hope all is well xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bluebells near us came and went very quickly this year, which was a pity - nice to see yours, though!

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete